Why You Should Visit New Jersey This Summer
Whether you think of the Sopranos or spray tanned reality shows, there are a lot of things that come to mind when you hear someone mention New Jersey. Despite what television may have you believe, the Garden State has a lot more to offer than what they show. Here's a list of some of my favorite places and things you can do when you visit this Summer.
1. You can start your day off by watching the Sun rise over the ocean as warm waves wrap around your feet. - Spring Lake, NJ
2. Make your way down the beautiful, winding pathways in Avalon and spend the night stargazing. - Avalon, NJ
3. Visit an icon of the Jersey Shore, Old Barney! - Barnegat Lighthouse State Park, NJ
4. Sunrise isn't the only time you can find beautiful skies at the beach. Stop by around Sunset and dig your toes in the sand as the warm Summer colors slowly fade. - Manasquan, NJ
5. Watch rockets launched all the way from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia race through the night sky! On June 10th, an ANTARES rocket will dazzle anyone willing to stay up until the 2:07AM launch time. - East Point Lighthouse - Heislerville, NJ
6. Visit Island Beach State Park and keep an eye out for foxes! They're all over the park and can often be seen from the main road. Be sure to keep your distance and please don't feed them! - Island Beach State Park, NJ
7. Time a late night trip to the beach to catch the Moon rising over the Atlantic! Moonrise is a spectacular sight that we're lucky enough to have a clear view to East to watch unobstructed. - Sea Isle City, NJ
8. Lay out in your favorite spot for the night and watch for shooting stars! - Historic Batsto Village - Hammonton, NJ
9. Find your way to Sea Isle City and spend a night staring up at the Milky Way! - Sea Isle City, NJ
10. Stay up until dawn and watch the first light of day appear as the stars slowly fade. Sea Isle City, NJ
If you're still deciding on why you'll be visiting this Summer, hit play and see why I'll always call New Jersey home.